SOME RECENT SUCCESSES
Results With Integrity
The National Birth Injury Law Firm of Mahoney Law, PLLC has a successful, proven track record of obtaining substantial monetary awards and settlements for our clients. We are all about results – favorable results for our clients, whether through settlement or trial to verdict. Our practice is a plaintiff’s-trial practice and we focus exclusively on helping “the little guy,” ordinary citizens and families who have been injured or wronged in an extraordinary way. Here are just a few of our most recent medical malpractice victories:
- A $7.2 million settlement in a cerebral palsy birth injury case brought under the Federal Tort Claims Act. The baby suffered a lack of oxygen during the labor and delivery process. The baby also suffered intra uterine growth restriction during the last phase of the pre-natal period. A portion of the funds will be invested in trust with lifetime benefits to the child in the amount of $19 million.
- Our client was one of five family members to share in a $6 million jury verdict in a medical negligence case against a hospital, two anesthesiologists, and a transfusion technician for the death of a patient during surgery.
- A $3 million settlement against doctors and hospital for medical malpractice during a labor and delivery. The healthcare providers failed to perform a timely cesarean section, resulting in anoxic brain injury and cerebral palsy.
- A $2.5 million settlement in a case against doctors and a hospital for anoxic brain injury and cerebral palsy.
- An $800,000 settlement in a shoulder dystocia – Erb’s Palsy case against an obstetrician and hospital.
- A $300,000 settlement in a shoulder dystocia – Erb’s Palsy case against an obstetrician and hospital.
- A $1 million settlement against an orthopedic surgeon.
- A large confidential settlement for our client in a case of medical malpractice against a hospital wherein a surgical instrument caused a significant burn to the patient’s abdominal region resulting in a long-term healing process and permanent scarring.
- A large confidential settlement for our client in a case of medical malpractice involving serious neurological injuries, resulting hospitalization, long term medicine regimen, and lasting psychological injuries.